Last updated: January 2019
In order to provide you with goods and services and protect ourselves ourselves and others from malicious activity, Curation Zone collects personal data from the users of its sites. This information includes information our users give to us, information we collect as you use our sites as well as some information that is supplemented from third parties. Curation Zone has implemented a number of measures to ensure your personal data remains safe when stored by us and when being transferred. You may access your personal data, request a change or correction or request your data be deleted by contacting us via the channels described below. All requests will be facilitated to the amount reasonable and possible without breaching our data retention obligations. You can opt out of our direct direct marketing at any time by following the unsubscribe link from any of our marketing emails.
Curation Zone Ltd, UK Company Number 1463632, including but not limited to www.curationzone.com, ("Curation Zone", "we", "us", "our") takes your privacy seriously.
This statement shows forth the practices which are in operation in regard any information you provide or we obtain during your use of this website.
Curation Zone may require you to provide certain information to us, in order to enable us to provide a service to you and fulfil licensing transactions. Items of information you may be required to provide include, but are not limited to, your name, address, phone number and credit card number.
The information you have provided to us enables Curation Zone to complete transactions you request
through our website. Curation Zone does not sell or rent information about its customers to third parties. Curation Zone may share contact information with its partners and/or affiliates to empower them to provide you with special benefits, promotions or offers from either Curation Zone and or its affiliates/partners, but only according to the customer’s permission.
EU data protection law makes a distinction between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “data controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “data processors”). Curation Zone may act as either a data controller or a data processor in respect of your personal data, depending on the circumstances.
The Information We Collect and Hold
Personal data is any information that could directly or indirectly identify you. Under the GDPR, ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Information you provide
You may provide us with personal data when you:
- create an account with Curation Zone; or
- edit or add to personal data attached to your account details after your account has been created; or
- transact with a partner or associated site; or
- request or purchase services from us; or
- contact us by any method, such as telephone, email, post, facsimile or in person; or
- correspond via our site, either with one of our staff or with another site user
Personal data you provide that we store may include, but not be limited to; your email address, your name, your country, your address, other contact details, your business name, your profile picture and description, the last four digits of your credit card and your credit card expiry date. There may be additional information deemed personal data provided by you in briefs, on blogs or in comments or in interactions with other site users or otherwise while using our site, which is stored in our databases. This data may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of abuse is suspected.
Information we collect
Curation Zone will collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address in order to perform certain fraud checks as well as ensuring you are served the correct tax information while using our site. Your IP address helps us identify the relevant tax jurisdiction. Technologies such as “cookies” are used to allow the website to function, to collect useful information about visitors and to help make your user experience better. Cookies enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the site. A cookie does not identify you personally, but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject each instance. We may allow some of our marketing or technology partners to utilise cookies on our website to collect non-personally identifying data to assist them, or Curation Zone, in delivering services to you. We also collect information about your usage of the site when you are logged in. This will include which pages you visit, products or services that are ordered, payments that are made etc. This activity data is stored in our databases.
Additional information provided by third parties
Curation Zone does receive some information from third parties, which is appended to the supplied and collected data. In order to use IP addresses effectively for fraud prevention purposes, location and other data related to the users IP address is received and stored. Further, in order to gain an additional data point for fraud checks as well as ensuring our marketing and customer service interactions are well received by our Clients, we use third parties to append names to email addresses. This allows us to match names for fraud and deliver appropriately addressed correspondence. When payments are processed by our payment processors, some information is provided back to Curation Zone including a payment transaction reference number and any information relating to chargebacks and disputes. This information is critical to Curation Zone being able to accurately record all financial data and deal with Client queries and disputes.
Location of Personal Data
We transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do so, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts where required by applicable law, to help ensure your rights and protections. To learn more about the European Commission's decisions on the adequacy of personal data protections, please visit: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en.
Use of Your Personal Data
Personal data and information collected by us may be used for the following purposes:
- to create an account for you on Curation Zone;
- to process your requests for services;
- to notify you about Projects, files, messages from other users, deadlines and payments:
- to notify you of changes to our goods or services;
- to send email or SMS notifications for special promotions or offers conducted by us, our suppliers or distributors;
- to conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research;
- to respond to your questions or suggestions;
- to protect the security and integrity of the marketplace for all users and prevent fraudulent use of our services;
- to improve the quality of our goods or service and the quality of your visit to the website;
- to diagnose problems with our sites and services;
- to provide informational materials to our communities, such as e-newsletters;
- for data analytics, particularly supporting the purposes described above
With regard to the list of uses above, where there is no legal or contractual need for using your personal data, it has been determined that they are legitimate interests pursued by Curation Zone. Please note; to stop receiving our marketing emails, please click on the link found at the bottom of each marketing email to update your account preferences.
Disclosing Your Personal Data
We do not sell or rent your personal data to any other company, organisation or person. We may disclose your personal data to:
- third party Clients in connection with any works (including without limitation videos, photography, artwork and designs) created or requested by you (as applicable) as part of the Curation Zone Service pursuant to separate terms and conditions entered into between you and us;
- third parties that provide services to us, or functions on our behalf. Curation Zone uses third parties to provide various services that may involve storing or processing your personal data. These services include; data storage, payment processing, email distribution, email validation, SMS distribution, IP lookup, data enrichment and customer and relationship management systems;
- related companies in our corporate group and business partners for the purpose of providing services which have been requested by you;
- information technology service providers responsible for our communication networks, software and system development and maintenance.
In these situations, we prohibit the third-party from using personal data about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it. In addition, we will not disclose your personal data without your consent unless legally required to do so, including but not limited to:
- lessening or preventing a serious threat to life or health;
- protecting the personal safety of users of this website or the public;
- if we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity; or
- otherwise if authorised or required by law;
In some circumstances, the entities to which we disclose personal data may be located outside United Kingdom. For instance, we may disclose personal data to our wholly owned subsidiary Curation Zone LLC, which is located in the United States.
Access and Correction of Your Personal Data
The easiest way to access most of your personal data is via your Curation Zone account. We will, on request, provide you with access to the personal data we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under law. If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal. You may request updates to your personal data, which we will endeavour to accommodate in ways that do not breach our legal record keeping requirements. The easiest and quickest way to add, edit or update most of your personal data is to log into your Curation Zone account and make the changes yourself. If you wish to request a copy of your personal data, make edits to your personal data or request your personal data be deleted, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests via this channel will be responded to or actioned within one month of receipt. Please note; you may opt out of direct marketing at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the foot of all Curation Zone marketing emails.
Change of Control
In future, Curation Zone may sell, divest or otherwise change ownership of all or part of its business. The data collected and stored by Curation Zone could be a part of the assets involved in that change of control. If any future change of ownership is likely to have a material impact on you, with regard to your personal data, then you will be notified of the impending change via email and/or a prominent notice on our site.
On some pages, we allow you to share personal data with third parties, such as social networks like Facebook. In these instances, you are agreeing to the data being shared and the shared data is subject to the privacy policies of the third parties. We do not control and do not assume any responsibility for the use of personal data by such third parties. For more information about the third party’s purpose and scope of their use of personal data in connection with sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of such third parties.
Accessing Your Personal Data
If you would like to review or revise information that you previously provided to us, you may access your information in the “My Account” section of the website. If you need additional assistance, please contact us at email@example.com. You can expect a response from us within 30 days. Please be advised that you cannot change your username without re-registering.
Curation Zone uses “cookies” and other technologies like pixel tags, web beacons and similar technologies (“Cookies”) to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalise and improve your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive or device. Cookies contain information, including personal data that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the Cookie to you. The information that Cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, and your navigational and purchase history. Pixel tags, also called web beacons, are clear image (i.e., non-visible) files that may be placed on a website, in an email or newsletter, and request information from your device such as your browser type and may assist us in determining your engagement with the content of the website and emails we send, how many users have visited certain pages, or how users have otherwise engaged with our messages or newsletters. We may use web beacons to help deliver cookies.
Cookies offer you many conveniences:
- They allow us to identify registered users when they return to the site so that they can retrieve previous image search results, access Boards and shopping baskets and view their previous invoices.
- Cookies save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
- Cookies enable us to see what actions you take on this site and other websites. This allows us to deliver personalised content to you and other users, including search results and interest-based targeted advertising on our site and other websites.
- Cookies help to protect your security by checking your log-in details and may help prevent fraud.
- Cookies remember your preferences when using the site.
- Cookies also identify particular customers in the event such customer would like assistance from a live, online customer service representative.
We strive to make this site and our family of sites, user-friendly and relevant. Our goal is to deliver more personalised products and services to you.
Our websites may include Cookies from third-party service providers. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics. For this purpose, Curation Zone works with various third-party partners like Amazon, Facebook and Google to see what actions you take on third party websites to deliver our personalised ads to you via third party websites. We use Demographics and Interest reporting features in Google Analytics to inform our requests to our service providers.
- Measure and analyse aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users on our site. Information gathered may include, but is not limited to the following: activity of the user browser when the user is visiting the site, the site path of users, general information regarding the visitor’s internet service provider and host, and the time users come to the site.
- Remember our users’ previous search of products and services, and dynamically display more relevant content to them.
- Record users’ behaviour on our site, such as pages visited, emails clicked, forms completed and products and services purchased to create customised advertisements and communications that better meet your needs.
- Evaluate user traffic and behaviour on the site to compile activity reports.
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve our products and services.
- Identify users arriving at the site via a referral from an affiliate website or sponsored link.
Choice and Preferences
Curation Zone respects your right to make choices about the use and disclosure of your personal data. If at any time you decide that you do not want to receive marketing emails from us or change the settings in relation to your personal email preferences, you can take the following actions as set out below:
- Marketing Emails: If you do not wish to receive marketing emails, you will have the option of opting out and/or unsubscribing from our emails and mailing lists by adjusting your marketing preferences by following the directions at the bottom of one of our marketing emails. Please note, if you choose not to receive marketing emails, you may still continue to receive transactional or account emails (e.g., purchase confirmations and account balance statements).
- Cookies: You can accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Please be aware that the site is optimally designed to operate with cookies enabled in your internet browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies. This may negatively impact your experience of the site. If you would like to opt-out from the use of pixel gifs in our emails, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To view Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs for the web, please go here. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, may be deleted and may need to be recreated.
- Mobile Devices: Use your mobile device settings to stop or limit interest-based advertising on that device. For instructions for using the advertising choice mechanisms provided by the most popular mobile operating systems, visit the NAI's Mobile Choices page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
- Do Not Track. Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our websites do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. Instead, you can use the range of other tools to control data collection and use, including the cookie controls and advertising controls described above.
European Data Protection Rights
If the processing of personal data about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data;
- If any automated processing of personal data is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of your personal data in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You can to object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal data under certain circumstances; and
- For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death.
To make such requests, contact us at email@example.com. When we are processing data on behalf of another party that is the “data controller”, you should direct your request to that party. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns. Please be aware that those rights set out above may not apply in some instances, for example where our right to processing your personal data may be necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us. We take appropriate and reasonable steps designed to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For instance, in some cases we encrypt that information in transit using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If a password is used to protect your account and personal data, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
Forums & Other Interactive Services
Our websites may include discussion forums or other interactive areas or services, including blogs, chat rooms, bulletin boards, message boards, Curation Zone controlled and managed email and sms services, online hosting or storage services, or other areas or services in which you or third parties create, post or store any content, messages, comments, materials or other items on the sites (“Interactive Areas”). If you use an Interactive Area, you should be aware that these areas are open to the public and any personal data you post or provide at registration may be viewable by others. We are not responsible for public disclosure of personal data you submit in connection with the Interactive Areas, nor are we responsible for how others might use that information, including to send you unsolicited messages. Interactive Area postings may be retained indefinitely. If at any time you would like to request that we remove a posting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind that removal of a posting from an Interactive Area does not necessarily mean that the posting will be deleted from our backend systems.
We may link to websites, including those of our third-party content providers or distributor network, that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or question, you can contact Curation Zone by emailing email@example.com.